Betaflight 4.2 PID Tuning (quick and dirty)admin
Anyone who has already dealt with Betaflight a bit more profoundly has definitely landed in the “PID Profile Settings”. Most of the time the quads already fly well with the default settings. But if you want to get a little more out of bounce-back and propwash, I would like to give you quick-and-dirty instructions here.
In this guide I am concentrating exclusively on the four Sieders (green frame). Please take care of the filter settings in advance and carry out the tuning with new props.
- The Stick Response Gain is initially pushed all the way to the left.
- Now PD Balance is pushed to the left until bounce-backs occur while flying. When this point is reached, the slide is pushed one or two steps to the right until they are gone again.
- Now the P and D Gain is pushed further and further to the right until hearable high-pitched oscillations occur with a high trottle. Once this point is reached, the slider is pushed one or two steps to the left.
- Now the Stick Response Gain is pushed back to the right until it feels good.
- Finally, check if Propwash is present. If so, the Master Multiplier is shifted one or two steps to the right.
Finished! Your quad should now purr like a cat!
Leave a Reply